Qliksense Appian connectivity

Hello All,

I am currently working on Qliksenes (BI reporting tool) to build some dashboards. I have already established connectivity with databses like Oracle and Hive.

However we have another team working on Appian tool and requirement is to pull data from Appian and build dashbaord in qliksense.

So may I know can I proceed  ? Do we have any open REST API which can expose data to Qliksense ?

Please let me know should you need any inputs.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Onkar Kulkarni

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, We use QlikSense to build various dashboards on the Appian business data but we do not have direct connectivity between Appian and QlikSense. Instead, we write the required business data from Appian to an external database. QlikSense reads and generates dashboards/reports on this database.

Based on how recent the data in dashboards needs to be in QlikSense, Appian processes can either write to the external database as and when the required data is ready in Appian process (at the end of each Appian process) OR an Appian scheduler process can retrieve from various processes/tables and write to external database in regular batches.
  • Thanks a lot Satish..
    I guess we might need to follow similar approach.. May I know how you are writing business data fro Appian to external DB.. we have already conected Qliksense with our Hive databse ..
    we can schedule daily data load from APPIAN to HIVE .. and then Qliksense daily dashboard refresh from Hive tables.
    Thanks

Regards,
    Onkar Kulkarni
Reply Children
No Data