We are trying to call appian web-api from node.js application. When we tried to call the same webapi from postman it is working fine, however when i try to call it from node.js it is failing with 500 error(error: Sorry, your request cannot be processed) . This error is not user specified. We tried searching through server.log, web-api-details.csv , we couldnt find anything.
1) Did anyone has faced this issue?
2) Do anyone know if we can see the payload which we receive into appian ?
3) what are all the scenarios for which appian will throw 500 error ?
Hi , Could this be Cross - origin issue ?? refer here.
1.Try to add the host name to apian Administration Console.
2. Kindly check if the user account used for authentication is still active.
3. Check if the authentication is done correctly I.e. Using Http Basic authentication
4. Also do check logs/design_errors.csv for any expression evaluation errors .
Specify the Web API URL as shown in the screenshot.Click on Authorization and select authentication type(e.g Basic Auth) and provide the appian credentials under username and password fields.Click on Body and input the request (e.g if format is raw, then can use JSON data)Click on Send Button to get the response
In Swagger Editor, if the server URL (i.e web api url) and basic authorisation is specified in Swagger API, Click on Authorise button and provide appian credentialsClick on Try it Out button and input the request by clicking on Edit Button.Click on Execute then you will find the curl command ,Request URL and server Response code.If you face any CORS issue, please add the URL in CORS Allowed Origin under Admin Console page and try executing from Swagger API.If it does not from Swagger Editor then use the curl command and run in the terminal.You will be able to get the response from WEB API
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
© 2020 Appian. All rights reserved.