Embedded Interfaces

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where we are required to embed an Appian task report in one of our portal. We are able to do that, however clicking on respective tasks should navigate the user to the task screen within the embedded interface; this does not happen as clicking on the link launches a new tab and loads the same on tempo. How do we restrict it to open within embedded interface?

Thanks,

Arjun

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Sara, I tried the mentioned approach. Clicking on a!processTaskLink() launches a new tab and the task is shown in tempo. We don't want the user to hit tempo at all. The task screen should be launched within the embedded interface.
  • To fill the grid I use this function:

local!report: a!queryProcessAnalytics(
    report: cons!POINTER_TO_PROCESS_REPORT,
    query: a!query(
    pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo,
    filter: /* WHATEVER */
    ),
    contextProcessModels: cons!POINTER_TO_PROCESS_MODELS
    )

With the data retrieved by the query I fill the grid, and add the mentioned link this way in one of the columns:

a!gridTextColumn(
    label: "Task",
    field: "one_column",
    data: index(local!report.data,"one_column",{}),
    links: a!forEach(items: index(local!report.data,"another_column", {}),
    expression: a!processTaskLink(
    task: fv!item
    )
    )
    ),

if you test it in your SITE, it shouldn't be opened in tempo. if you test it in design it will send you to tempo.
  • Hi Sara,

This works fine on Appian Site I believe. I followed the same set of steps and embedded the interface in our portal - Tasks are launched in a new tab. Appian docs suggest inserting a piece of code in the jsp where we embed the interface, that should take care of it I assume.