Web API to Process model integration

Hi Folks, 

I'm trying to achieve the following:

• Create WebAPI for JSON request - this Web API accepts a JSON request 
  • After accepting a JSON-type input - a process model is initiated to which this JSON value is passed 
  • If the process initiation is successful, a success response is sent back as acknowledgement 

Any inputs would be great, as I'm just beginning, I can implement more efficient code.  

Thanks in advance!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Responding to an old thread as I ran in to a problem related to this.

I have a Web API that accepts JSON request with few attributes. One of the attribute in the request is in JSON format and I ran in to issue while passing this value to process model. Below is the request format.

"payload" attribute is mapped to a text variable in process model but the variable value is in dictionary format and not able to retrive each values from this variable (like Attribute2_2_1) in the process model.

Is a there way I can retain the JSON format in process model variable ? I have already tried converting this to a JSON using a!toJson/a!fromJson but unable to convert the format. Thank you.

{
    "Request":
    {
    "Attribute1":"value",
    "payload":
    {
    "Attribute2_1":"value",
    "Attribute2_2":
    {
    "Attribute2_2_1":"value",
    "Attribute2_2_2":"value"
    },
    "Attribute3":"value"
    }
    }
    }

Value in Payload variable on Process Model:

[payload:[Attribute2_1:value, Attribute2_2:[Attribute2_2_1:value, Attribute2_2_2:value], Attribute3:value]]
  • Hello,

Did you find a way to have the format correctly in variable?

• It isn't possible to create process variable of "Dictionary" or "Any Type", so your best bet is to create a custom data type that matches the structure of this JSON request. Then, create a variable using that CDT and it will preserve the structure in your process variable.

• Yes. Extracted the values from the request and assigned to Process parameter. This way you can get the actual request in JSON format in to the process model. Sample below.

Request :

{
    "Request":
    {
    "Attribute1":"value",
    "payload":
    {
    "Attribute2_1":"value",
    "Attribute2_2":
    {
    "Attribute2_2_1":"value",
    "Attribute2_2_2":"value"
    },
    "Attribute3":"value"
    }
    }
    }

WebAPI:

a!startProcess(

processModel:cons!PM_NAME,

processParameters:

{

Attribute1:a!fromJson(http!request.body).Request.Attribute1,

payload:a!toJson(a!fromJson(http!request.body).Request.payload)

}

)