question related to kafka

We will need to integrate with other system using Kafka.

I noticed that appian is using zookeeper/kafka for internal communication.  Is there any way to use kafka directly from appian code/smart service ,  and  if we added a new subscribe channel into appian's kafka, will it break anything ?  

thanks,

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would recommend against doing this for a couple reasons. 1) Appian may sometimes use a modified distribution of Kafka and/or Zookeeper. Accordingly, interactions with non-Appian services could result in unexpected behavior. 2) As another community member noted, kafka and zookeeper are critical components of your Appian system. Reducing isolation of these components by introducing non-Appian services or systems into your Appian architecture could increase the risk of instability in the environment.
  • I would recommend against doing this for a couple reasons. 1) Appian may sometimes use a modified distribution of Kafka and/or Zookeeper. Accordingly, interactions with non-Appian services could result in unexpected behavior. 2) As another community member noted, kafka and zookeeper are critical components of your Appian system. Reducing isolation of these components by introducing non-Appian services or systems into your Appian architecture could increase the risk of instability in the environment.
Children
No Data