how to set response timeout for each individual call web service or call Integration Object?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

Q1)

Is there any way to set the timeout to every call Web service smart service or Call Integration smart service? in the post installation settings there are two parameters meant for this. but if change there those will be applicable to the entire environment. where what I looking for need to set the same timeout settings manually for each call.

Q2)

Is there any way to set the retry option for these smart services when the web service calls fails. I am aware of that automatic retry option available only for like service unavailable and time out exception. what we are looking for retry option configurable for other kind of failures as well.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Ram,

For the question, You may not have any other option that can increase the time limit of particular web service upon it's invocation. As you have already mentioned you have tried updating one of the config file to update the properties of it and that actually reflect complete environment. AFAK it is is good to change the properties that may not affect any performance issue. If all other web services (except your web service) are successfully querying in less time then it will not cause any issue on performance. if all web services are taking too much time then it may affect your performance. If it is okay then you can keep the changes otherwise you have to go implementing asynchronous web service calls with token id's. (This should be implemented at service side)

Coming to your second question, you can loop through the same web service call node for few calls if the web service is responding with some error like may be it is responding with some custom error response then please be careful that you can only call for fewer times otherwise it will be infinite loop and that leads performance issues.

I hope this may help.

One last question, Are you trying to use this web service for retrieving large data in single call?