Call Web API created in appian using integration in the same application.

Hello,

Can we call the Web API created in appian using an integration created in the same application. I need to give access for a group to call the Web API and pass parameters into it using integration. When I try to do the above mentioned case it is failing due to auth issues. Is there anyway I could pass the credentials of whoever is calling the web api as they already have accounts in the application so that I can pass the authorization.

regards,

Abhishek gaddam.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Abhishek,

I got some questions:

Are you inside Appian calling a Web Api inside the same Appian?

Do you have another middleware tier? That needs to handle the WEB API calls? If not then why don’t you just call it from an expression rule instead and the same rule can be wrapped as the web Api ? (By doing this you will reuse the same code and remove the estar layer and the network traffic)

If your requirement really needs to make the call thru the Web API then Appian will call the web api as any other system so the authentication is required.

I haven’t tested this specific scenario but something that came to my mind is that the SSO permits to make calls from the end user browser (embedded interface for example) so we can think that making a call from the same Appian box can be considerate as a “loop back SSO”?

“If you are invoking an Appian Web API from a user's browser (for instance to populate a task list for use with an embedded interface)”

I haven’t tested it, but why don’t you open a support ticket and let us know what they say.

Here are some links that I think can help in this

Jose

• Hello Abhishek,

I got some questions:

Are you inside Appian calling a Web Api inside the same Appian?

Do you have another middleware tier? That needs to handle the WEB API calls? If not then why don’t you just call it from an expression rule instead and the same rule can be wrapped as the web Api ? (By doing this you will reuse the same code and remove the estar layer and the network traffic)

If your requirement really needs to make the call thru the Web API then Appian will call the web api as any other system so the authentication is required.

I haven’t tested this specific scenario but something that came to my mind is that the SSO permits to make calls from the end user browser (embedded interface for example) so we can think that making a call from the same Appian box can be considerate as a “loop back SSO”?

“If you are invoking an Appian Web API from a user's browser (for instance to populate a task list for use with an embedded interface)”

I haven’t tested it, but why don’t you open a support ticket and let us know what they say.

Here are some links that I think can help in this

Jose

Children
No Data