Call Web API created in appian using integration in the same application.

Hello,

Can we call the Web API created in appian using an integration created in the same application. I need to give access for a group to call the Web API and pass parameters into it using integration. When I try to do the above mentioned case it is failing due to auth issues. Is there anyway I could pass the credentials of whoever is calling the web api as they already have accounts in the application so that I can pass the authorization.

regards,

Abhishek gaddam.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Abhishek,

Which version of Appian you are using? Integration is changed drastically in newer versions. I am using 17.2 and integration is very basic.

Now considering your case, are you using basic authentication in integration while calling WebAPI? its mentioned that if we call WebAPI with basic authentication, we should use "Pre-emptive Auth". i tried calling Web API from SOAP UI and without "Pre-emptive Auth" it failed. we need to figure out how that will be achieve from integration using basic authentication.

You might know that Web API is usually used for external system to call Appian and Integration for Appian to call external system.
    In your case, is it really require for Integration to call Web API from within Appian? Did you identify other approach for your use case?

Thanks.

• Hi Abhishek,

Which version of Appian you are using? Integration is changed drastically in newer versions. I am using 17.2 and integration is very basic.

Now considering your case, are you using basic authentication in integration while calling WebAPI? its mentioned that if we call WebAPI with basic authentication, we should use "Pre-emptive Auth". i tried calling Web API from SOAP UI and without "Pre-emptive Auth" it failed. we need to figure out how that will be achieve from integration using basic authentication.

You might know that Web API is usually used for external system to call Appian and Integration for Appian to call external system.
    In your case, is it really require for Integration to call Web API from within Appian? Did you identify other approach for your use case?

Thanks.

Children
No Data