Reduce retry interval time

Hello All,

Could you please let me know if there is any method or setting available to reduce the Retry interval time.

I am using HTTP integration, where the integration response gets timed out and I need to handle the scenario.

Looking forward for response..

Thanks in advance,

Divya

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, if you're cloud based then the timeout setting is pretty much well fixed. We use the timer pattern as suggested by Alok to determine if a service call has timed out (red line through the node). The highlighted node is where we call the service, either via an Integration (for REST GET) or Web Service expression rule for SOAP. We pass back information to the calling process so that it can determine what it wants to do - display error message to user, retry service based on predetermined factors (ie message content in the service response payload) or raise a technical issue with the support team to investigate. Ideally we shouldn't have services that timeout - so I'd suggest that the service is investigated to understand why it is not responding to Appian in a timely manner.  

• Hi, if you're cloud based then the timeout setting is pretty much well fixed. We use the timer pattern as suggested by Alok to determine if a service call has timed out (red line through the node). The highlighted node is where we call the service, either via an Integration (for REST GET) or Web Service expression rule for SOAP. We pass back information to the calling process so that it can determine what it wants to do - display error message to user, retry service based on predetermined factors (ie message content in the service response payload) or raise a technical issue with the support team to investigate. Ideally we shouldn't have services that timeout - so I'd suggest that the service is investigated to understand why it is not responding to Appian in a timely manner.  

Children
No Data