Google Vision Cloud Integration

How do I pass pdf docs for OCR? Although google supports pdf documents but Appian's integration object doesn't seem to support pdf docs. Is there a way to get sail code for integration object and enhance it to accept pdf docs?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • cloud.google.com/.../pdf

The limitation is that this is only available for files stored in Google Cloud Storage and using asyncBatchAnnotate function.
    "The Vision API can detect and transcribe text from PDF and TIFF files stored in Google Cloud Storage.

Document text detection from PDF and TIFF must be requested using the asyncBatchAnnotate function, which performs an asynchronous request and provides its status using the operations resources."

The Google Vision Connected System currently does not require the designer to store files in Google Cloud Storage (enabling Appian documents to be sent for analysis) and does not use the asyncBatchAnnotate.

This could be a potential enhancement for our connected system.
  • I see. So if I understand correctly, in order to use this functionality, we would have to create another integration to upload files to GC Storage, get the doc path, and use it in the async call to begin the OCR process. Using the id of the request, check the status, and once it is done, retrieve results.