Microsoft Flow integration with Appian

Hi, does anyone know how to integrate Microsoft Flow with Appian.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Muhammad,

If possible, Please tell us more about your use case  so we can throw more acurate suggestions. Include details of the technologies.

Meanwhile genetically speaking when trying to connect multiple systems I have seen multiple ways like rest, jms,, wsdl, batch and so on.

As I always say, in the worst case you can create a custom plugin.

When integrating workflow or bpel technologies i would pick some JMS system due to the nature of such integration is kind of “natural” way to integrate this kind of tools.  It end up been asynchronous which is great!!

How is your architecture ? Can you have a ESB? Or some layer in between? It is recommended to have a way to monitor the integrations. But well that’s what i think is the natural way to do it. If you are ok with this approach then it will be really great since you have XML traveling from one way to another.

If not a simple way to do it is consuming rest services and exposing WebApi or something like that.

Jose

• I know your answer is a much better solution in other scenarios, but for now, for a small excel file feed to Appian the process model trigger was fine. I will definitely explore for further integrations like large Databases or other inbound/outbound processes.

• Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for sharing, it is good that starting a process with an email helps. that is a powerful tool but depending on the use case sometimes you might want to have  certain considerations as per an email can be reached from outside of the organization(you know security should be always a concern) .

If you are saving the file and just displaying the received file to the user as a file to download it could be just ok, but if you are receiving the file parsing it and updating the records without user interaction then it would be recomendable to put some validations if applies.

It all depends how you want to handle that.

Jose

• Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for sharing, it is good that starting a process with an email helps. that is a powerful tool but depending on the use case sometimes you might want to have  certain considerations as per an email can be reached from outside of the organization(you know security should be always a concern) .

If you are saving the file and just displaying the received file to the user as a file to download it could be just ok, but if you are receiving the file parsing it and updating the records without user interaction then it would be recomendable to put some validations if applies.

It all depends how you want to handle that.

Jose

Children
No Data