Retrieving data from an API and displaying it on Appian

Hi,

I have a requirement to call an API that returns a response(REST), and then display the elements in a grid in Appian.

I was able to  create a process model with a "Call Integration" to which I passed the end-point and request and upon clicking "TEST RESULT" I am able to see the response body(Convert the JSON Response body to an Appian value) as expected.

I want to display this response on a grid and am unsure how to do it. Any help with inputs or links to sources would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Subramaniyan J P 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Is the JSON data returned being cast to an Appian CDT array? If so, you need to pass this CDT array into the Form that you want to display it in via a User Input Task. Once the CDT array is available in the form do you just need to display it in read-only mode? You can using the 'Paging Grid' component in your Form to display the data:

docs.appian.com/.../Paging_Grid_Component.html

You should aim to get the Form working completely independently of the Process first. You can call the Integration Object in the Form Designer to populate the relevant Rule Input. Once you have that working you can then add the form to the User Input Task in the Process.

Stewart
  • Is the JSON data returned being cast to an Appian CDT array? If so, you need to pass this CDT array into the Form that you want to display it in via a User Input Task. Once the CDT array is available in the form do you just need to display it in read-only mode? You can using the 'Paging Grid' component in your Form to display the data:

docs.appian.com/.../Paging_Grid_Component.html

You should aim to get the Form working completely independently of the Process first. You can call the Integration Object in the Form Designer to populate the relevant Rule Input. Once you have that working you can then add the form to the User Input Task in the Process.

Stewart
Children
No Data