open webapi results with login prompt

Hi All,

i have created a connected services and Integration, in which am calling my WEBAPI , how to call it with authentication,

say if the wanna access this webapi this should key in their credentials, something like this.

thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello vineethk

Do you need the users to enter their own user and password each time? How is the use case there?

I just hope you are not calling a webapi from the same environment using an integration object. Please elaborate the use case.

If I asume you are calling  webapi(outside of Appian) and you are trying to ask the users the credentials before making a call to the webapi which uses basic authentication, you can create your own screen to request those values, please define them as “secure text” request those values to the user

In the integration ass two rule input parameters as secure text. pass those values to the integration, use the authentication directly on theintegration object as basic authentication, read the values from the rule inputs as an expression.

I would suggest to do all that on the same screen (preferably) that way you are not passing the values around.

Hope this helps

Jose

• Hi Jose, Thanks for the reply, when you are telling to create an screen, by which u mean Appian Interface or normal HTML screen, am new to Appian, am sorry if my question is amature 

• Well I was referring to an Appian interface but would you mind elaborating your use case ?

How is that you need the users to enter credentials everytime ? One of the patterns is to use a service account.

Jose

• i have an WebApi which gives me an result from database, now if i share this URL with anyuser , they should be able to access this WebApi Data. 

please let me know how to use the serviceAccount Approach.