Appian Data to be accessed by non-apian users

I have a requirement where a non-Appian user needs to access data in Appian system either through SAIL form or in any other way and provide his/her inputs against the each field of Appian data which I need to capture
back into Appian system. I have studied about Embedded Interface but as per my understanding it also requires to enter Appian credentials for accessing the Embedded Interface. Can anyone suggest me the best approach for achieving this requirement. Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi Bhanu,

I agree to the rest of the posts if the users is going to access appian in regular basis then they should be on-boarded to Appian.

I have a solution for a specific scenario which i have not implemented just an idea similar to  RPA not sure if it violates the licensing agreement you need to check with the Appian team.

Scenario:- User access appian only once(Ex- Customer On boarding where customer needs to certain task once and never use appian ever)

Solution:-

1. Have a pool of users and use the task report to identify if there are any existing task or free users

2. If a free user is found, just update the email with client email before assigning the task so that an auto email is triggered embed username and temp credentials

3. When the user completes the task reset the password and release it to use for the next user.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Bhanu,

I agree to the rest of the posts if the users is going to access appian in regular basis then they should be on-boarded to Appian.

I have a solution for a specific scenario which i have not implemented just an idea similar to  RPA not sure if it violates the licensing agreement you need to check with the Appian team.

Scenario:- User access appian only once(Ex- Customer On boarding where customer needs to certain task once and never use appian ever)

Solution:-

1. Have a pool of users and use the task report to identify if there are any existing task or free users

2. If a free user is found, just update the email with client email before assigning the task so that an auto email is triggered embed username and temp credentials

3. When the user completes the task reset the password and release it to use for the next user.

Children
No Data