Is there any way to configure Connected System based on expression ?

Hello Team,

Is there any way to configure Connected System based on expression. ?

At present while configuring it I have to give actual values, egs. client secret, base urls etc.

These values will differ per environment. Any idea on how to provide these inputs as Appian constants or through customization.

I am on Appian 19.1

Thanks

Amit Chaugule 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Client Secret, Base URL and most of the fields in connected system are by default environment specific, which means when you deploy these to higher env you can change all the values in your import customization files

• Thank you ,yes you are correct Chanakya.

baseUrl,clientId,clientSecret and tokenUrl can be managed by customization file. 

(Note: Properties in customization file are available per authentication type supported by connected system.

Example:clientId,clientSecret and tokenUrl  are not available in customization file if connected system object is configured to support Basic authentication.)

My lower environments and higher environments support different type of Authentication mechanism, I was looking to change it (type of authentication) dynamically per environment.   but it doesn't seem to be available yet. I will have to take care of it as part of deployment instructions. 

• Thank you ,yes you are correct Chanakya.

baseUrl,clientId,clientSecret and tokenUrl can be managed by customization file. 

(Note: Properties in customization file are available per authentication type supported by connected system.

Example:clientId,clientSecret and tokenUrl  are not available in customization file if connected system object is configured to support Basic authentication.)

My lower environments and higher environments support different type of Authentication mechanism, I was looking to change it (type of authentication) dynamically per environment.   but it doesn't seem to be available yet. I will have to take care of it as part of deployment instructions. 

Children