Column Names and Quotes in Oracle. I have an existing table with all column nam

Column Names and Quotes in Oracle. I have an existing table with all column names in CAPITAL LETTERS. In my XSD, I gave UPPER CASE letters for column name. But Verify is failing when I am trying to add this entity into a data store. Appian is converting all column names to lower case and adding a quotes around them in DDL scripts. How to resolve this issue in Appian. In other words, how do I make Appian not to use quotes around column name or use the exact name in XSD ?...

OriginalPostID-92697

OriginalPostID-92697

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There's no case sensitiveness issues with Oracle since Appian 6.6.1 (at least not for a basic XSD like yours). The @Column(name="") annotation is read by Appian.

If you're experiencing this issue in the latest version (Appian 7.3) then this is what you have to check (it could be you were using the custom.teneo.properties file before upgrading or that this is an upgraded environment with a data store coming from pre-6.6.1)

1. Make sure YOU DO NOT have a file called custom.teneo.properties under <APPIAN_HOME>\\ear\\suite.ear\\conf nor under <APPIAN_HOME>\\runtime_ear\\suite.ear\\conf

2. Export the data source where you are created in an application, it doesn't matte if it includes your new entity or not, as long as you are exporting the data source where you are trying to add this entity to. Extact the XML of the data store from the ZIP (/datastore/YYYYY.xml), what's the value of adaptingExplicitSqlNames?
  • There's no case sensitiveness issues with Oracle since Appian 6.6.1 (at least not for a basic XSD like yours). The @Column(name="") annotation is read by Appian.

If you're experiencing this issue in the latest version (Appian 7.3) then this is what you have to check (it could be you were using the custom.teneo.properties file before upgrading or that this is an upgraded environment with a data store coming from pre-6.6.1)

1. Make sure YOU DO NOT have a file called custom.teneo.properties under <APPIAN_HOME>\\ear\\suite.ear\\conf nor under <APPIAN_HOME>\\runtime_ear\\suite.ear\\conf

2. Export the data source where you are created in an application, it doesn't matte if it includes your new entity or not, as long as you are exporting the data source where you are trying to add this entity to. Extact the XML of the data store from the ZIP (/datastore/YYYYY.xml), what's the value of adaptingExplicitSqlNames?
Children
No Data