Exception handling for integration object called as a rule

Hi there all

How do I do exception handling when i retrieve data through the integration object when i'm using it as a rule.  Do I need to?  

We are reading data from the integration object and displaying it on a UI based on data input in other fields.  I want to make sure that the UI behaves okay even when the service times out or is not responding.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To take this one step further, you need to think about the overall context in which the Integration is being invoked. If a User is effectively waiting for the response (e.g. you're calling it directly from within a SAIL interface) then you need to let the User know that there's been a problem. Peter's response starts to help you with this. But you also need to let the Support Team know that there's been a problem, otherwise you're relying in the User to raise a ticket manually. You could extend the pattern that Peter has proposed by also invoking a Process Model to raise a Task with the Support Team. And this then leads you to start thinking about how to actively prevent the transaction attempts in the first place if it's already been established that there is, for example, a connectivity problem. Otherwise you'll end up flooding the Support Team with what are effectively duplicate tasks related to the same problem.

• To take this one step further, you need to think about the overall context in which the Integration is being invoked. If a User is effectively waiting for the response (e.g. you're calling it directly from within a SAIL interface) then you need to let the User know that there's been a problem. Peter's response starts to help you with this. But you also need to let the Support Team know that there's been a problem, otherwise you're relying in the User to raise a ticket manually. You could extend the pattern that Peter has proposed by also invoking a Process Model to raise a Task with the Support Team. And this then leads you to start thinking about how to actively prevent the transaction attempts in the first place if it's already been established that there is, for example, a connectivity problem. Otherwise you'll end up flooding the Support Team with what are effectively duplicate tasks related to the same problem.

Children
No Data