Need to list all documents from a folder of sharepoint in Appian and documents will be clickable to open in sharepoint

Hi,

I have a typical requirement from my client:

1. I need to list all documents related to a particular case in Appian.

2. The documents will be shown as link and when they will be clicked, system will open douments in Sharepoint itself.

Is requirement no. 2 is really possible in Appian. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Dippoman

Believe it or not, these are actually SharePoint questions.

@sharepoint:

1) can you expose a RESTful API for a given document library that
    (a) includes search parameters for field values in that document library?
    (b) returns a link or links for documents that meet that criteria that, when clicked open the document?

Assuming you can do these things in sharepoint, execution in Appian should be possible.

Your question number 1 about all docs related to a particular case, is predicated on the assumption that there's metadata in sharepoint that relates the docs to the appian case.  it's that metadata that you'd be searching for using the API I describe in 1.a above.

• Dippoman

Believe it or not, these are actually SharePoint questions.

@sharepoint:

1) can you expose a RESTful API for a given document library that
    (a) includes search parameters for field values in that document library?
    (b) returns a link or links for documents that meet that criteria that, when clicked open the document?

Assuming you can do these things in sharepoint, execution in Appian should be possible.

Your question number 1 about all docs related to a particular case, is predicated on the assumption that there's metadata in sharepoint that relates the docs to the appian case.  it's that metadata that you'd be searching for using the API I describe in 1.a above.

Children
No Data