Rest API integration object

Hey,

I'm trying to send my document to external document storing aplication. At this moment i can send document and it's stored so now i have to add some "indexes" such as client number, client name ect. (all of them are my process variables) I don't know how to achive this, could you please have a look on that case?

Thank you in advance,

Dawid 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have no information regarding your external document management application.  Let's call it DMA for right now.

However, I expect it's possible that DMA returns its own unique identifier for the new document you just added.  You should be able to capture that from the response of the first call.
    Is there a second Update Indexes API call for DMA that takes that unique identifier? 
    If so, you should be able to pass in those indexes along with the new unique identifier in a second API call to DMA from Appian.

• This application is called DocuWare. At this moment i have 2 itegration objects in my process. First is loging in and second is send document. I need to send this indexes with document im not sure I can edit them later. It look similar to my #1 attachment.

Upload object is at the #2 attachment

These indexes arent unique i think. You can have many documents for the same client, branch or from the same date

• The thing to keep in mind is that Appian is entirely dependent on how the system works that you want to integrate with. There are a number of possibilities: add query parameters, add information in the request body, add parameters to the URL, etc. However, DocuWare is likely expecting to receive these indexes in a certain way. I'd suggest doing some research on DocuWare to see what format they need to store indexes, then craft your integration to meet those requirements.

• The thing to keep in mind is that Appian is entirely dependent on how the system works that you want to integrate with. There are a number of possibilities: add query parameters, add information in the request body, add parameters to the URL, etc. However, DocuWare is likely expecting to receive these indexes in a certain way. I'd suggest doing some research on DocuWare to see what format they need to store indexes, then craft your integration to meet those requirements.

Children