How to read from a Dictionary

HI,

I am trying to read from a Dictionary output provided by the box connected system as shown below . How to read each items such as ID and type to a local variable ?

I tried fn!index(local!folderContents,"id") but it is giving me null output 

Please help me 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Your dictionary is nested to a few levels, so you can't access the "id" property just from the top.

The easiest way to figure this out is do it one step at a time.

First write local!folderContents.result to access entries; then to access a specific entry you can write local!folderContents.result.entries[1]; finally you can access the id property within the specific entry by expanding that to local!folderContents.result.entries[1].id.  Finally, if you really want the id field within "file_version", you will need to reach one level further down.

The index() and property() functions are useful for doing null-safe indexing, but when you're sure of the shape of the data you'll get, you can access the properties and indexes directly as written above.

Certified Lead Developer

Your dictionary is nested to a few levels, so you can't access the "id" property just from the top.

The easiest way to figure this out is do it one step at a time.

First write local!folderContents.result to access entries; then to access a specific entry you can write local!folderContents.result.entries[1]; finally you can access the id property within the specific entry by expanding that to local!folderContents.result.entries[1].id.  Finally, if you really want the id field within "file_version", you will need to reach one level further down.

The index() and property() functions are useful for doing null-safe indexing, but when you're sure of the shape of the data you'll get, you can access the properties and indexes directly as written above.

Children