Kafka Integration/Connectors

Newbie here. Are there any existing out of box connectors to integrate with Kafka TOPICs? If not please share design patterns/best practices to interact with Kafka components. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello Kumar

I remember this was discussed before.

josep Eliot Gerson Please help me with Kafka JMS Connector for the messaging system
    By in Discussions > Integrations

Some thing could have changed, but maybe you can start by sharing little more about your use case. Why you need to connect to Kafka? Are you planning to do big data with appian? Are you planning to use Appian as a producer? Or as a consumer ? Are you planning to do stream? Have you consider micro-batching ?

At the end you can always either consume and API (WSDL), expose a Web API, maybe even connect using JMS, or even create your plugin. But the main thing is to understand what you are trying to do in order for us to provide a good advice.

Thanks

Jose

• Jose,

Thanks so much for the response. 

Usecase - APPIAN as both consumer and producer and also we have a streaming need (down the line). 

I don't like the idea of using API, JMS as it is unnecessary overhead. 

I like the plugin idea but In the reference post/discussion above, it was advised against using it as APPIAN uses kafka internally. Can you throw more light on this? If we use plugin to communicate I am not sure why/how it would affect internal configurations. 

• Hi, we have just published a Kafka Tools plugin to App Market that may work for you.

community.appian.com/.../kafka-tools