Looping back to failed script task calling integration in process models

Certified Senior Developer

We have a script task that calls a rule within which we make a few calls to some integrations and then process the returned data and save into a PV and then the flow continue further.
now the problem is the API catering us with the data is not a stable one and fails sometimes causing the script task to fail. I want to implement a loop around in the process model where I should be able to loop back to the script task and retry executing. how do we approach this problem. I want to reduce human intervention here as much as possible.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Few questions just to get context on your issue:

• What Appian version are you using?
    • Is there a reason why you are using script task instead of Call Integration Smart Service?
    • When you say script task fails, do you mean it becomes Paused by exception?
    in reply to jraaquino

Sure,
    1: Appian Version: 20.4
    2: the process is activity chained and generates an excel file. the data is validated via API and is an array so it needs to be looped for every entry in the CDT using it in script task helped reduce number of nodes and looping within process model.
    3. yes. basically it gets paused by exception and has to be restarted manually.

I agree that Call Integration smart service usage makes the most sense however the reason stated in point 2 is why I had to approach it in this pattern.

in reply to jraaquino

Sure,
    1: Appian Version: 20.4
    2: the process is activity chained and generates an excel file. the data is validated via API and is an array so it needs to be looped for every entry in the CDT using it in script task helped reduce number of nodes and looping within process model.
    3. yes. basically it gets paused by exception and has to be restarted manually.

I agree that Call Integration smart service usage makes the most sense however the reason stated in point 2 is why I had to approach it in this pattern.

Children