ETL tools to migrate data into APPIAN

We would like to migrate data from various applications (eg java , Oracle etc) into APPIAN using an ETL tool. Please let us know which tool would be a best fit in this case.

Is Informatica Power Center compatible with Appiian .If not ,do suggest other tools.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello Arundhatid,

The small answer will be you cannot directly insert data to the database using a tool.

To pull information from appian if you are premier support you can connect using some tools. I believe particularly informatica requires the database to have the enterprise edition which Appian is not.

Depending on your synch needs you will need to build some of it. You can import a CSV file using plugins. Or if needed to make an import in the cloud database console it can be either SQL, csv or any other formats available for that.

How often you need to do this? How much data you need to input ? Do you see any issues by creating your own? Please let us know little more so we can suggest more things if needed.

Thanks

Jose

• We would migrate the data from multiple source systems into Appian.. In that case there has to be an ETL tool in between to pull the data from various source systems into Appian Wanted to know what ETL tool would fit here..We were thinking of using Informatica .

• Hello

I am assuming you are in the cloud and using MySQL. My understanding is that as of now we don’t have a way to push data directly to the DB, not sure if there are any exceptions or new enhanced services that would allow it. I really think that is a reall risk from appian to open up that access because of all the implications that is has. I would recommend to Ask your trusted Appian representative.

As I mentioned particularly for informatica I would recommend to check if you can connect it to a MySQL community instance.

Another option you can follow is to have the database or another database on prem or in other cloud/place where you can have full control over the DB and then make your application to retrieve all the data from there so you can pull it as needed.  It can be an additional data source/data store/cdts as you will be connecting to a new database. With all that you will not break the seal and you will be able to connect with any ETL of your preference. Or build your application in that other DB so you will have all the control.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jose