Oracle DBlink

Is it possible to use the Oracle DBlink with appian DB?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • With our on-premise Appian install w/MSSQL back end, we have a DB link with an Oracle database.  Appian doesn't really have anything to do with linking at the DB level. 

If I recall, the only issue we faced was having to utilize OPENQUERY as:

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(LINKED_SERVER, 'SELECT * FROM YOUR_TABLE')

The issue was that essentially which LINKED_SERVER you are accessing has to be hard coded in the view.  So, if you link dev/test/prod Oracle DBs from your dev/test/prod Appian instances, the VIEW code must be different in each server (annoying).

We tested some stored procedure configurations, etc, but could not avoid that if I recall.

• With our on-premise Appian install w/MSSQL back end, we have a DB link with an Oracle database.  Appian doesn't really have anything to do with linking at the DB level. 

If I recall, the only issue we faced was having to utilize OPENQUERY as:

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(LINKED_SERVER, 'SELECT * FROM YOUR_TABLE')

The issue was that essentially which LINKED_SERVER you are accessing has to be hard coded in the view.  So, if you link dev/test/prod Oracle DBs from your dev/test/prod Appian instances, the VIEW code must be different in each server (annoying).

We tested some stored procedure configurations, etc, but could not avoid that if I recall.

Children