Web API scaling issues (time out)

Certified Senior Developer

Hello,

I am upgrading a web API that was created sometime ago, it has all the process nodes in one very big process.

I have managed to split it up to smaller sub-processes successfully, but the thing is that after splitting it to multiple process I started to add more functionalities (as this was the main goal in the first place), but once all the new functionalities were integrated the web API started "act out" or become unstable, where the web API sends a response back before the whole process reaches an end and before the "response body" variable is filled so I keep getting an error saying that function toJson() can't convert null data, I should mention that I have all of my nodes in all of the processes and sub-processes chained.

my question is: is there a resource limit or time limit (keep in mind the API requires about 1-3 seconds to complete) and if so how can I modify this.

------------------------------------------------------

helpful screenshots:

Web API on success part

abnormal response after adding additional functionality

sub process configurations (I know that i pass the statusCode & responsebody by ref and also in the output section I was desperate and trying everything)

I've also tried starting sub-processes with the "enable activity chaining into all initial nodes in the sub-process" check box enabled but with no avail.

I would really appreciate any thoughts that you guys might have.

thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data