I'm trying to integrate with a service that has nested multiples. I have fo

I'm trying to integrate with a service that has nested multiples. I have followed all directions I can find on forum, but I'm still stuck. I created a PV of the parent CDT of the nested multiple, but I'm still unsure as to how to retrieve the elements that are supposed to be returned for that nested multiple. I can also see in the application log file that the elements are getting returned in the web service response....but how do I map them to a PV or my pre-existing CDT? Also, I continue to get this error...(Cannot slice index (index by name on a list) when the element has no list type) (Data Outputs)

Please help!

OriginalPostID-103475

OriginalPostID-103475

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Let's say you have a CDT that represents a phone tree for school administrators with a nested multiple of six elementary schools. Rather than trying to handle the whole phone tree, an easier approach would be to create a new CDT that matches just the branches and leaves of the tree for a single school -- and use that new CDT as the type of your target PV (make sure it's a multiple value PV). You could then map your data at the root of the school node (the principal) instead of trying to replicate the entire hierarchy. The matching leaves and branches of the school hierarchy would then be cast to the matching hierarchy in your new PV. Therefore, instead of mapping ac!district to pv!district you'd map something like ac!district.principal to pv!school.
  • Let's say you have a CDT that represents a phone tree for school administrators with a nested multiple of six elementary schools. Rather than trying to handle the whole phone tree, an easier approach would be to create a new CDT that matches just the branches and leaves of the tree for a single school -- and use that new CDT as the type of your target PV (make sure it's a multiple value PV). You could then map your data at the root of the school node (the principal) instead of trying to replicate the entire hierarchy. The matching leaves and branches of the school hierarchy would then be cast to the matching hierarchy in your new PV. Therefore, instead of mapping ac!district to pv!district you'd map something like ac!district.principal to pv!school.
Children
No Data