Google Drive Connected System Integration Operations - Not working with for a SHARED folder in google drive

Certified Lead Developer

All,

I am trying to using Google Drive connected system(https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.4/google-drive-connected-system.html) , to create folder, upload and download documents  to and from google drive folders.

Then API  operations  (like createFolder, uploadFile, downloadFile, etc) all work perfectly  on a personal folder of an auth user, but   the same operations are not working on a SHARED folder in google drive, Has anybody got that working with a Shared drive? 

I checked out some documentation on google drive APIs  at (https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/enable-shareddrives?hl=en)  and found out that supportsAllDrives=true  parameter is required to enable these operations on a shared drive. But there is no way in the connected system to pass this information. 

Any ideas? Any suggestion? 

Thanks

Pal

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Hi

The Google Drive connected system might have had this update since you wrote this, but I tried and found out that if you use the 'Find File' operation, it actually does send supportsAllDrives=true

this does return me files / folders which are shared to me

Here's my google drive

I even tried to create a folder inside this shared drive folder and it worked without any issues.

Maybe give it a try again or check out the request part and see what parameter values are being sent in your request.

Hope it helps !

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to agam

Hi and . I'm facing the same issue. Everything works perfectly on my personal drive, but in shared drives I can list folder contents and find files correctly but as I try to make actions like create folders, upload files and other stuff, the response is a 404 error with a response JSON of the following form (being 1ZpsRPyudhvJHn02Bz5pk1v3xyULl0K7Y the folder I'm trying to interact with):

{ "code" : 404, "errors" : [ { "domain" : "global", "location" : "fileId", "locationType" : "parameter", "message" : "File not found: 1ZpsRPyudhvJHn02Bz5pk1v3xyULl0K7Y.", "reason" : "notFound" } ], "message" : "File not found: 1ZpsRPyudhvJHn02Bz5pk1v3xyULl0K7Y." }

Do you have any insights about this?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to lorenzot0001

Hi

Can you elaborate on how are you achieving this ?

Are you using the Google Drive connected system and what is your configuration (Operation / search terms)

A screenshot of your config with request and response can help me compare yours with mine.

For me, as per my earlier comment, I am still able to create a new folder as well

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to agam

Hi !!!

I'm using Google Drive connected system. I'll provide you the configuration I set up for trying to download a file from drive. Here you are the request and response screens of the integration object I'm trying to run. Of course I'm running it with my Appian user, that is also my google user (we have SSO with Google), so it should use my permission to do this. I have full access to this file, but however I set up the "Anyone with the link can view" security option on this file and on the folder that contains it. This folder is placed on a shared drive I am a manager of.

Thank you very much for reviewing it!