Task Preview / Add-ins for Microsoft Outlook

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Everyone,

I am having the following scenario, we need to send an email user , In the email body we should show the form with approve and reject option for a request.

Business requirement: we should not create Appian account for the user, and they should be completing the task from outlook email body itself, without logging into Appian.

I have tried the steps mentioned in Task Viewer Add-in for Microsoft Outlook - Appian 22.2 but I when I click on the task link , user is navigated to Appian Environment.

FYI: I can see task viewer add-in was added to my account.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

1. Ideally this can be done via task link sent over email,  I don't think you will be able to do this without logging into Appian environment after click of the link.

2. Alternate solution i can think of is reply to an email with Approved or Reject, which will eventually trigger the process model which will allow public events to fire,   and parse the text from email and store in the DB.

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

1. Ideally this can be done via task link sent over email,  I don't think you will be able to do this without logging into Appian environment after click of the link.

2. Alternate solution i can think of is reply to an email with Approved or Reject, which will eventually trigger the process model which will allow public events to fire,   and parse the text from email and store in the DB.

Children
No Data