Email disclosure

I have a requirement for emails sent from Appian in an on-premises installation to classify them as confidential, restricted, public, etc. (the function that Outlook has). Is there any configuration in Appian to classify them? or any plugin we can use?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Is this a standard feature of Outlook or something specialized to your organization?  I'm no Outlook expert per se, but I don't immediately find this functionality on my install.

The viable workaround solution I've seen used for this sort of thing in the past (in a project I was personally involved with) was to get the folks who run the SMTP server set up special functionality to intercept and encrypt / specially mark outgoing emails from the Appian instance.  In our case the emails would automatically be encrypted on the server side if they contained a special small attachment.  You may find different options work (like simply adding special tags to the subject line which the SMTP server could intercept and appropriately flag, etc).  This seems like it would be quite a bit easier than getting the functionality somehow baked into Appian, or getting a highly-specialized plug-in developed successfully.

Certified Lead Developer

Is this a standard feature of Outlook or something specialized to your organization?  I'm no Outlook expert per se, but I don't immediately find this functionality on my install.

The viable workaround solution I've seen used for this sort of thing in the past (in a project I was personally involved with) was to get the folks who run the SMTP server set up special functionality to intercept and encrypt / specially mark outgoing emails from the Appian instance.  In our case the emails would automatically be encrypted on the server side if they contained a special small attachment.  You may find different options work (like simply adding special tags to the subject line which the SMTP server could intercept and appropriately flag, etc).  This seems like it would be quite a bit easier than getting the functionality somehow baked into Appian, or getting a highly-specialized plug-in developed successfully.

Children
No Data