Web API Error

Hi, I am trying to use a Web API to write to my database table but what I want to do is get the record from a public Web API and use that record in my Web API that writes to my table.

If I do it this way it works fine.

But if I use an expression rule it throws me a status 500 error.

Could you help me to understand please, I appreciate it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Are you providing the correct inputs to this rule? Can you share the full expression for where you are calling this?

Also a brief terminology suggestion:

• A Web API is an endpoint that is exposed from Appian that another system calls
    • An Integration is a request made from Appian to an external system

Based on your screenshots, you're actually using an Integration object, not a Web API. I mention that because the troubleshooting is different for each of these object types, so it's important to clarify where you're having the issue Slight smile

• Are you providing the correct inputs to this rule? Can you share the full expression for where you are calling this?

Also a brief terminology suggestion:

• A Web API is an endpoint that is exposed from Appian that another system calls
    • An Integration is a request made from Appian to an external system

Based on your screenshots, you're actually using an Integration object, not a Web API. I mention that because the troubleshooting is different for each of these object types, so it's important to clarify where you're having the issue Slight smile

Children