Connected System - Appian DB (Maria)

Certified Associate Developer

I am having difficulty utilizing the "Connected System" and connecting to the Appian DB.

I have verified we have a Maria DB and that the database name is Appian.  I think I have the server name correct, but not 100% sure.

Would the server name be the same as the appian website.... companytest.appiancloud.com:3306?

I know it is already available as a Data Type "Topcat" but I am trying to execute a stored procedure on the DB.

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi , you can do 3 things

• if you are connected to the Appian database which is the default database then you can use connection string as "jdbc/Appian".
    • If you have created a new schema in MariaDB using AppianProcess.createNewSchema('customSchema') then create the connection to this schema using a connected system then store this connected system in constant of type connected system. Then pass this constant in the connection string. 
    • If you have created a new schema in MariaDB using AppianProcess.createNewSchema('customSchema') then create the connection to this schema using Admin console -> datasource-> define new data source. Whatever name you have defined in the data source will be used in data connection. i.e. "jdbc/CustomSchema"
  • +1
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi , you can do 3 things

• if you are connected to the Appian database which is the default database then you can use connection string as "jdbc/Appian".
    • If you have created a new schema in MariaDB using AppianProcess.createNewSchema('customSchema') then create the connection to this schema using a connected system then store this connected system in constant of type connected system. Then pass this constant in the connection string. 
    • If you have created a new schema in MariaDB using AppianProcess.createNewSchema('customSchema') then create the connection to this schema using Admin console -> datasource-> define new data source. Whatever name you have defined in the data source will be used in data connection. i.e. "jdbc/CustomSchema"
Children
No Data