CMIS Connector - We are planning to integrate with Filenet using the CMIS Connec

CMIS Connector - We are planning to integrate with Filenet using the CMIS Connector that came with 7.5. Appian is running on JBOSS and Filenet on Websphere and both systems authenticate against LDAP. We don't want to use a service/generic account to connect to Filenet and don't want to impose upon the end user to manage their Filenet access via 3rd party credentials(new feature in 7.5).
That being the case, we need to pass the LTPA token in the HTTP request made to the REST AtomPub URL for connecting to Filenet. I assume that this is not available in the current CMIS connector. Has anyone done this approach before? Any suggestions?...

OriginalPostID-110269

OriginalPostID-110269

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks Eduardo. Yes ,I assumed the same from the documentation. We have been seeing this pattern across multiple customers (Appian + CMS) and accessing via a service account or leveraging the 3rd party credentials is not the right path, since the former nullifies the role based access to document repositories and may spin up security questions, while the latter does not scale since we leave it upto the user to keep updating his 3rd party credentials and in the example cited above, the 3rd party credentials will not sync up when the user changes his LDAP password. Hope this will be on the Appian roadmap.
  • Thanks Eduardo. Yes ,I assumed the same from the documentation. We have been seeing this pattern across multiple customers (Appian + CMS) and accessing via a service account or leveraging the 3rd party credentials is not the right path, since the former nullifies the role based access to document repositories and may spin up security questions, while the latter does not scale since we leave it upto the user to keep updating his 3rd party credentials and in the example cited above, the 3rd party credentials will not sync up when the user changes his LDAP password. Hope this will be on the Appian roadmap.
Children
No Data