I am building XSD where i need to map My -SQL ENUM data type . I tried like be

I am building XSD where i need to map My -SQL ENUM data type . I tried like below but Appian doesn't recognize it as enum type
<xsd:enumeration value="Audi"/>
<xsd:enumeration value="Golf"/>
<xsd:enumeration value="BMW"/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>
</xsd:element>

Attached: XSD and table structure.....

OriginalPostID-113805

OriginalPostID-113805

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It is not mentioned explicitly, but enumerations and other facets of a type defined in XSD are ignored when converting that XSD to a custom data type in Appian. If the data type cannot be mapped to an existing system or custom data type, the element is converted to a string.

The reason behind this exclusion is relating to the display and validation of your custom data. Appian can not account for the infinte possibilities of validating against enumerated data or the possibility of having to develop a display in the interface for each. This does seem like something that should be clarified in the documentation.
  • It is not mentioned explicitly, but enumerations and other facets of a type defined in XSD are ignored when converting that XSD to a custom data type in Appian. If the data type cannot be mapped to an existing system or custom data type, the element is converted to a string.

The reason behind this exclusion is relating to the display and validation of your custom data. Appian can not account for the infinte possibilities of validating against enumerated data or the possibility of having to develop a display in the interface for each. This does seem like something that should be clarified in the documentation.
Children
No Data