Need help to setup API using http connection

I need to connect to a 3rd party system using Appian to pull in data from it. 

It would need me to first create a token bearer , access that token for Bearer Authorization which will help to connect to a session and finally get data based on the api path URL

Would highly appreciate if someone can help me with the steps I need to follow to achieve it. Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Well, while that procedure seems pretty simple, it very much depends on the concrete implementation of these services. Without more details we will not be able to help you.

BTW, this kind of authentication is in no way special to Appian and very common. You will be able to find a lot of information in the internet.

• Hello Stefan, Thank you for your response, I did do some digging and was able to do some configuration.

1. We generated the access token using integration object1 – success
    2. Then we extracted the generated token from object1 and used it in integration object2 to create the session – Success
    3. Then we are unable to use this created session cookie to call end point URL, we encounter error "This request requires Bearer authentication, but no access token was provided HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized"

Similar approach we tried it from Postman, it is working fine, the only difference between Postman and Appian is in 3rd integration step where are facing issue, Postman has an option to select “Inherit Auth from parent” in Authentication, but Appian does not have this option.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to prathmeshd4095

What exactly are you doing in step 2?

I would expect to not configure any authentication at the connected system level, but add a authorization header in the integration object. To define the value for that header I would just call the first integration or an expression that wraps it to extract the token.

Reply Children