Downloading documents from Salesforce

I have set up an integration with Salesforce to bring in Salesforce Opportunities and create records in Appian.  I have created record types for the Opportunity, Content Document Link, and Content Document tables.  What I need to do is upload any documents in Salesforce to the corresponding record in Appian.  I.E. User creates Opportunity in Salesforce and uploads a document.  That Opportunity syncs to Appian and creates a record in Appian.  I also want to bring the attached document over from Salesforce and attach it to the record in Appian.

Through Content Document Link and Content Document, I can see the attached document, I just can't download and attach.  Has anyone done this before or can give me pointers on how to do this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Most of the work we do is done in Appian.  We are using it as a hub application that integrates with multiple other applications.  Users need to see the doc in Appian so they can enter information.  These will be pdf documents uploaded to Salesforce that need to be brought into Appian so that they can be attached to the record not only in Appian, but in other Apps as well.  Appian is being used as an entry point for records and once they reach a certain stage are moved to a different application for continued work.  This is why the documents are going to be in multiple places.

Children