Appian Service Now Integration

Certified Senior Developer

I have requirement to call service now API before every manual deployment. Appian support team should not be able to deploy package in Production if change ticket from service now is not approved or not in  start time and end time window. I have achieved the integration by calling service now API but I am not able to restrict the "DEPLOY" button on Appian Production screen based on the check. Is there any way we can restrict the deployment here?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I think this is not supported.

Who is calling this API? Are you aware that you can configure the target environment so that each deployment must be approved? Why not make the same group that calls the API also approve the deployments?

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I have created an application where support team will enter the change ticket number and on pressing the submit button, invokes a process model to create user task, where API is called to get the details of change ticket. But this is independent of deployment interface of appian. Wanted to connect these two in some way so that deployment can not be done if my application returns false. 

And can you throw some light on configuring target environment for deployment approval please? In any case the deployment should be integrated with service now to check change ticket timings and approval status.

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I have created an application where support team will enter the change ticket number and on pressing the submit button, invokes a process model to create user task, where API is called to get the details of change ticket. But this is independent of deployment interface of appian. Wanted to connect these two in some way so that deployment can not be done if my application returns false. 

And can you throw some light on configuring target environment for deployment approval please? In any case the deployment should be integrated with service now to check change ticket timings and approval status.

Children