Data Ingestion from Oracle DB to SQL Server

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Team   ,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a data ingestion process, specifically moving data from an Oracle table to SQL Server within the Appian platform. I am exploring the available options, and I would appreciate some guidance on the most effective approach.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Appian is a business process automation platform, but not a ETL tool and no good fit for just shifting large volumes of data from one DB to another.

Can you elaborate on your use case and share more details?

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I currently have view access to an Oracle database and need to extract data in batches. The data will serve as a source for my task and will be loaded from a staging table to another destination using a stored procedure.

Here is the approach I am considering:

1. Batchwise Data Extraction:

• I plan to query data from the Oracle database in batches to efficiently manage the extraction process.
    2. Appian Data Store Entity:

• My intention is to store the extracted data in an Appian Data Store Entity, utilizing Appian's capabilities for handling and managing data.
    3. Error Log Mechanism:

• I aim to implement a robust error log mechanism within Appian to track any issues that may arise during the extraction process.
    4. Stored Procedure for Data Loading:

• Once the data is in the Appian Data Store Entity, I plan to use a stored procedure to load it from the staging table to the final destination.
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

I currently have view access to an Oracle database and need to extract data in batches. The data will serve as a source for my task and will be loaded from a staging table to another destination using a stored procedure.

Here is the approach I am considering:

1. Batchwise Data Extraction:

• I plan to query data from the Oracle database in batches to efficiently manage the extraction process.
    2. Appian Data Store Entity:

• My intention is to store the extracted data in an Appian Data Store Entity, utilizing Appian's capabilities for handling and managing data.
    3. Error Log Mechanism:

• I aim to implement a robust error log mechanism within Appian to track any issues that may arise during the extraction process.
    4. Stored Procedure for Data Loading:

• Once the data is in the Appian Data Store Entity, I plan to use a stored procedure to load it from the staging table to the final destination.
Children