We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Appian Integration with Certificates for Payload Encryption

Certified Senior Developer

Hello fellow devs,

I have a requirement, but I'm unsure if Appian supports it.

I need to set up an integration that involves using certificates. Specifically, one of the certificates is meant to encrypt the payload. If I upload the appropriate certificate in the admin panel, will Appian automatically understand that the payload needs to be encrypted when sending an integration request?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan,

I've successfully managed to establish a handshake between our systems after uploading the necessary certificates.

However, I'm encountering an issue when sending an integration request with a payload: the encryption doesn't seem to be applied, resulting in an error from the receiving party.

I'm not sure if this is due to limited capabilities within Appian's certificate management or an issue on our end regarding certificate configuration.

Have you or anyone here dealt with a similar challenge or successfully implemented payload encryption using certificates in Appian?

Any insights into whether this use case is feasible or troubleshooting tips, would be immensely helpful as I determine where to focus my troubleshooting efforts.

Children
No Data