JDBC SQL Server Driver Version for Appian cloud instance version 23.4

Does anyone know how to find out or know what the version is of the JDBC SQL Server driver deployed to an Appian cloud instance that is v23.4?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Check doc posted by  , but the one you need it's not MariaDB Connector/J 2.7 Series, (you need the one for SQL server).... in this case, Microsoft JDBC SQL Server Driver 8.x

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to David J (NTT DATA)

Whoops - assumed that it was MariaDB since he mentioned Appian Cloud.

• Thanks for providing this information.  I found that chart as well.  In the Overview section, it says, "This article details the minimum requirements your system must meet to run Appian."  I assumed this meant on on-prem install.  Is it safe to assume that the minimum requirements are identical to a cloud instance on 23.4?

We are trying to connect to SQL Server running on a VM in Azure.  The SQL Server version is 2012 and the OS is Server 2012 as well.  We have a VPN and connectivity has been confirmed.  We know this because we can connect to a different SQL Server VM in Azure that is running SQL 2016 and Server 2012.  We are using a Connected System object to make the connection using a JDBC SQL Server data source.

Unfortunately, we aren't receiving any error messages to solve the problem.  We've checked TLS versions, configurations, etc. and no luck.  Therefore, I wonder if the JDBC SQL Server version is incompatible with SQL Server 2012.  If the JDBC SQL Server version in the cloud is 8.x, it should work with SQL 2012; however, it would not work with SQL 2022 which is the latest version of SQL Server.  This seems odd to me that a cloud instance of Appian would not support the latest version of SQL Server.  On the other hand, if the driver version is 12.x, it would support SQL 2022, but not 2012.  This would explain the inability to connect to SQL 2012 instance.  See the chart for Microsoft below:

Therefore, how do we know what the version of JDBC SQL Server driver is deployed to a cloud instance of Appian 23.4?  Thanks!

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Morgan S

Hello morgans.... Could you give more details about the problem experienced? Is the connected system working and you are getting the error when running a SQL, or is it the connected system the one that fails?

Did you check the Appian logs to find more information about the issue?

Reply Children