Docusign Webhook POST API - how to get body?

Hi All - I've created an integration with Docusign and have configured the Web API to receive a response from Docsign when the document is signed. Docusign responds and successfully kicks off the process, but I can't figure out how to pull the envelopeid and documentid from the message response.  I've got the sample code that converts the http!request.body from json to a processparameter. But I can't figure out how to get the data from there? I've tried converting to process variables and various settings within the Start Trigger panel, but haven't been able to see the message body/data anywhere.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • OK, thanks for all the details and suggestions.  I was able to get the entire body into the process either as the straight json, or converted using a!fromjson. Both of those options work to get the text into a variable. BUT, I'm still not able to figure out how to parse and extract fields. (I did accomplish the same by using regex patterns, but that's not the best approach for a formatted file!).

I wonder if it's b/c the json is nested into sections?  how would I notate the extract as the json looks like this - I need the object / data / envelopeId:

Thanks again for the help!

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to StephK

fromJson turns the JSON string into an Appian dictionary in which you can navigate using dot-notation

data.envelopeSummary.status

Reply Children
No Data