download a .gz file from an integration object call

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

I have an in integration object which its currently returning successfully a file.gz , can anyone guide me if possible on a way into actually downloading this document?

any suggestion helps

thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Maria

Not sure. I know there are a few edge cases where Appian cannot parse the data in a way it detects files in binary or base64 encoding.

To be able to say anything, I would need to see the full configuration of the integration objects, specifically the response parsing setup. Then I need to clearly see the data structure of the response body.

Then I would try to match the config to the actual data and look for deviations. But that is something that you can do yourself.

in reply to Stefan Helzle

my question was more of do you know of any integration returning a .gz file being saved in any way either downloaded to desktop or saved in an appian folder ?

right now it does save a file in appian but it just includes the same thing we see on the success screen name, last modifiedetc.. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Maria

??? I am really confused ??? I have the feeling that we have a lengthy conversation based on a pile of missing information, wrong assumptions and misunderstandings.

Is that file stored in Appian, or not?

What do you mean with "downloaded to desktop" ? An integration can't do that ?!?

What do you mean with "just includes the same thing we see on the success screen"?

1. I test the integration it returns an output which I already showed. -(Which is just the details of the document , name , last modified, number of records etc) . At this point I'm not seeing the document. 

2. it saved A document in A appian folder I open that file is NOT the .GZ file is just a file with the body ouput which is just again , name , last modified, number of records etc) NOT the actual data inside the document.

3. What I'm trying to do is get that document that the integration is returning , the actual .gz file is what I need. I'm asking if appian has a way of either saving it directly on appian or just downloading it to my desktop when I call the integration.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Maria

1) You can't see the "document" in the output because Appian stores files directly into the folder you provide.

2) That response body seems to be a JSON structure.. Did you try to configure the integration to work with JSON, similar to the screenshot I shared?

3) An integration in Appian cannot store anything to your desktop.

If I don't select what you showed at the beginning it doesn't save any file. 

just don't know why is saving the same details as the output, not the actual data of the document.