Integration exception error

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All ,

I have noticed this error in the process model where we are calling an integration , And i have no clue what does it means can somebody help me here please ?

com.appian.komodo.api.exceptions.ConnectionClosedException: The connection to content was closed, aborting CONTENT.getVersion

Thanks,

Udhaya

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

You did not share much detail, so I asked my trusted AI and got this answer:

The error message you're seeing, `com.appian.komodo.api.exceptions.ConnectionClosedException: The connection to content was closed, aborting CONTENT.getVersion`, indicates that a connection to a content resource was unexpectedly closed while attempting to retrieve a version of that content. This could be due to several reasons:

1. **Network Issues**: There might be network instability or interruptions causing the connection to drop unexpectedly.

2. **Server Timeout**: The server hosting the content might have timed out or closed the connection due to inactivity or load issues.

3. **Resource Limits**: The server might have hit resource limits (like memory or CPU usage) and closed the connection to free up resources.

4. **Configuration Issues**: There might be misconfigurations in the application or server settings that are causing the connection to close prematurely.

5. **Software Bugs**: There could be bugs in the application code or the underlying libraries that manage the connection, leading to unexpected closures.

6. **Security Policies**: Security policies or firewalls might be interfering with the connection, causing it to be closed.

### Troubleshooting Steps

1. **Check Network Stability**: Ensure that the network connection between the client and server is stable.

2. **Server Logs**: Review server logs to identify any errors or warnings that might indicate why the connection was closed.

3. **Timeout Settings**: Check and possibly increase timeout settings on both the client and server sides.

4. **Resource Monitoring**: Monitor server resources to ensure it is not running out of memory or CPU.

5. **Configuration Review**: Review the configuration settings for both the application and the server to ensure they are correctly set up.

6. **Update Software**: Ensure that both the client and server software are up to date with the latest patches and updates.

7. **Retry Logic**: Implement retry logic in the application to handle transient connection issues gracefully.

8. **Security Policies**: Review and adjust any security policies or firewall settings that might be affecting the connection.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the underlying issue causing the `ConnectionClosedException`.

Certified Senior Developer

Look at the Appian logs. They'll tell you exactly why the connection closed.

Share same here