Trying to Run a POST integration as a GET so we can load a data query automatically on page load.

Good Afternoon,

We are using the query DOMO Dataset API to perform a SELECT query statement to retrieve some data for our Appian interface. 

Documentation: https://developer.domo.com/portal/52fd0777839f4-query-a-data-set

We only intend to use SELECT statements to get data however we still have to use a POST method for this API.

Because the Appian Integration is using the POST method to perform the query we are not allowed to use it in the Appian Interface's on page load. It will only work when used through a SaveInto parameters for buttons or links.

I tried to make a middle layer Appian Web API to perform the POST Query Statement but referencing the POST integration inside of the Web API code that is using GET method was not allowed.

I am going to try to use the Web API to launch a process model. That will have an Integration node to call the POST method query statement and the end of a successful process execution will be the response. I still need to carryout the integration through a GET Appian Web API for the SAIL interface to call using a separate GET Integration to our internal Appian Web API. Sorry if the description is confusing.

I will post whether this method is successful or not. It is a bit complicated for my preferences. 

Has anyone found a simpler method to call a POST Integration Method on SAIL interface page load automatically?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Because the Appian Integration is using the POST method to perform the query we are not allowed to use it in the Appian Interface's on page load. It will only work when used through a SaveInto parameters for buttons or links.

I tend to disagree. Whether you can just call an integration or only use it in a saveInto only depends on the setting of the "Usage" property.

Appian Employee
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Yeah to follow on from Stefan's point, I recommend that you don't use a GET if this system is expecting a POST. POST calls can still use the "Queries Data" option, which would then allow you to query the data on initial page load.

The one thing to keep in mind is that there are no guarantees that the query only runs a single time - if you expect that this integration only queries data, it should be fine. However, if this integration also writes data, then you may not want to use the "Queries Data" option because you could end up with multiple writes.

Appian Employee
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Yeah to follow on from Stefan's point, I recommend that you don't use a GET if this system is expecting a POST. POST calls can still use the "Queries Data" option, which would then allow you to query the data on initial page load.

The one thing to keep in mind is that there are no guarantees that the query only runs a single time - if you expect that this integration only queries data, it should be fine. However, if this integration also writes data, then you may not want to use the "Queries Data" option because you could end up with multiple writes.

Children
No Data