Way to connect to SAP DB

Hi team,

Is there a way to access real-time information in SAP database like data link?

I know there are BAPI smart service and SAP GUI libraries, and cofiguring record type with BAPI can have a bunch of records.
But I also know the record type can have data as of the timing of full sync, which takes place once a day not every 10 mins.

If we can configure the record type with jdbc instead of the smart service, I hope we can refer the latest data.
But the problem is that SAP does not allow users to connect directly to its database with jdbc.

Is there a good way to fulfill our requirement?
What I wonder is if we can connect to SAP BTP with jdbc, we might be able to see the real-time data via BTP.
And the idea I came up with is if the record type can be refreshed every 10 mins, this also helps us.

I appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you in advance,
Masaki

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • To do so, I understand appian API needs to be called by the data source whenever there is an update.
    I also believe that ID needs to be passed as a parameter when called to update the corresponding record, and this update cannot be done for multiple records at the same time.
    To update multiple records, API need to be called for the number of updated records.

Is my understading correct?

I don't think it's realistic that SAP calls API whenever there is an update on data.

Is there any case that fetch data from SAP BTP?
    If yes, could you give me any information about how the intergration is achieved?

Children