What is the maximum file size which can be sent to external System (via API) from Appian?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I have a requirement of sending documents (filetypes like pdf, jpeg, xlsx, docx, ppt etc) from Appian to external system (AWS API) through integration object, so I want to know what is the maximum file size I can send it through an integration object. I have read in documentation that Appian supports file upload up to 1 GB, so will Appian supports sending file through integration object up to 1 GB as well?

Also, if I want to upload a 1GB file through an uploader component, how much time the component will take to load the file into the interface from users local system. Will the users session be active till the 1 GB file upload to the interface completes?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

About integrations with external systems (that is not the same as upload a file to appian):

docs.appian.com/.../Integration_Object.html

Size limitations

• Request bodies cannot exceed 5 MB. The file size of documents being sent do not count towards this limit.
    • For base64 files, the combined size of the files in the request body cannot exceed 75 MB.
    • For binary files, we recommend keeping the file size under 250 MB.

For examples of sending documents, see the HTTP integration examples section.

in reply to David J (NTT DATA)

Thanks David for the reply, I have tested the fileupload using the integration object with a file size of upto 75 MB (even tested for 50, 60 MB) but am getting the below error as http response. Can you please let me know if this is something to do with modifying any properties in Appian server to handle bigger size files.

HTTP Response:

• body"<html> <head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head> <body> <center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center> <hr><center>Server</center> </body> </html> "(Text)
        in reply to David J (NTT DATA)

Thanks David for the reply, I have tested the fileupload using the integration object with a file size of upto 75 MB (even tested for 50, 60 MB) but am getting the below error as http response. Can you please let me know if this is something to do with modifying any properties in Appian server to handle bigger size files.

HTTP Response:

• body"<html> <head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head> <body> <center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center> <hr><center>Server</center> </body> </html> "(Text)
          Children