I have some doubts regarding the mapping among "DB-> CDT-> Query Rule

I have some doubts regarding the mapping among "DB-> CDT-> Query Rule"
1). Can we map a CDT to existing database table which does not have any primary key defined? (I cannot modify the existing tables and the tables don't have primary keys defined. I tried but it does not allow to map if the Primary Key is not there)

2). Can we map a CDT to SQL function and use it to retrieve the data from function? (I guess we cannot)...

OriginalPostID-124907

OriginalPostID-124907

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Tim, thanks for your reply.
    Problem here is with the tables I need to deal with, these are old tables and unique row is not defined by a single column in the existing tables and I searched, composite primary keys are not supported by Appian 7.6 and older.
    it seems that the only option remaining is to have a surrogate key and convince the team to change the tables structure.
  • Tim, thanks for your reply.
    Problem here is with the tables I need to deal with, these are old tables and unique row is not defined by a single column in the existing tables and I searched, composite primary keys are not supported by Appian 7.6 and older.
    it seems that the only option remaining is to have a surrogate key and convince the team to change the tables structure.
Children
No Data