Hi We have Appian installed and configured it with SSO for authentication.

Hi
We have Appian installed and configured it with SSO for authentication. I need to capture the authentication success indication and then trigger a web service call / invoke a business process , if the authentication is success.

Please suggest how to get the handle to the method / flag indicating authentication success.
(or)
Is there a way to trigger a business process automatically when the user logs in?

I have gone through the forum and feel that creating a custom Authentication filter may help. but i am not sure of how to do .
Please provide me if there are any samples available,

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Jhothi...

OriginalPostID-125273

OriginalPostID-125273

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have gone through the custom Filter documentation. It says we need to extend our custom filter from AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter class. But i could not see AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter class in the Appian suite Public API.
    So I am not sure where this AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter can be located?
    Also how to deploy my custom filter java file?

Documentation provides spring bean configuration for myfilter as below:
    <bean id="myFilter" class="com.appiancorp.MyFilter">
    <property name="sessionAuthenticationStrategy">
    <ref bean="sessionAuthenticationStrategy"/>
    </property>
    </bean>

i.e com.appiancorp.MyFilter references sessionAuthenticationStrategy.
    but i didnt see any bean definition for sessionAuthenticationStrategy in my spring-security-03-auth-mgr-override.xml.
    So I am not sure how my filter gets linked in the spring security call chain for authentication.

Appreciate your help in clarifying these questions. Also Please provide me if you have a sample for this requirement.

thanks a lot
    Jhothi
  • I have gone through the custom Filter documentation. It says we need to extend our custom filter from AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter class. But i could not see AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter class in the Appian suite Public API.
    So I am not sure where this AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter can be located?
    Also how to deploy my custom filter java file?

Documentation provides spring bean configuration for myfilter as below:
    <bean id="myFilter" class="com.appiancorp.MyFilter">
    <property name="sessionAuthenticationStrategy">
    <ref bean="sessionAuthenticationStrategy"/>
    </property>
    </bean>

i.e com.appiancorp.MyFilter references sessionAuthenticationStrategy.
    but i didnt see any bean definition for sessionAuthenticationStrategy in my spring-security-03-auth-mgr-override.xml.
    So I am not sure how my filter gets linked in the spring security call chain for authentication.

Appreciate your help in clarifying these questions. Also Please provide me if you have a sample for this requirement.

thanks a lot
    Jhothi
Children
No Data