Unhandled (in PM ) timeout in an integration + Ways to test timeout

Hi,

My process model has an integration call which has a timeout of 1 sec. In My process model , I am not handling the timeout . so what will happen if the timeout happens . Will the flow goes to the next node after the integration node ? 

Also , is there any easy way to simulate timeout from a REST POST API call ? I have set the time for timeout to minimum (1 sec). still the call is succeeding . is there any way to achieve this from Appian objects or the network. I have no access to the rest api code.

Regards,

Mike

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

If the integration call exceeds the 1-second timeout, the integration node will fail. This failure will typically cause the process to pause by exception, depending on how you've configured the error handling settings in the integration node.

The flow will not automatically proceed to the next node if a timeout occurs unless you've specifically configured the integration node to ignore errors or to handle exceptions (e.g., using a "Skip node" or "Continue process flow"). If the process is paused by exception, you'll need to either manually resume it or have automated error handling in place.

To bypass this flow, you can incorporate an asynchronous subprocess for the integration call. This ensures that the parent process does not wait for the child process to complete, allowing the flow to proceed to the next node even if the integration call exceeds the 1-second timeout.

to test time out error temporarily change the endpoint URL in the integration object to a non-existent or slow-responding URL. This can simulate a delay or failure.you can use Postman or JMeter to simulate delays

Certified Lead Developer

If the integration call exceeds the 1-second timeout, the integration node will fail. This failure will typically cause the process to pause by exception, depending on how you've configured the error handling settings in the integration node.

The flow will not automatically proceed to the next node if a timeout occurs unless you've specifically configured the integration node to ignore errors or to handle exceptions (e.g., using a "Skip node" or "Continue process flow"). If the process is paused by exception, you'll need to either manually resume it or have automated error handling in place.

To bypass this flow, you can incorporate an asynchronous subprocess for the integration call. This ensures that the parent process does not wait for the child process to complete, allowing the flow to proceed to the next node even if the integration call exceeds the 1-second timeout.

to test time out error temporarily change the endpoint URL in the integration object to a non-existent or slow-responding URL. This can simulate a delay or failure.you can use Postman or JMeter to simulate delays

Children
No Data