I've added a "exception flow" by adding a Exception rule on the Qu

I've added a "exception flow" by adding a Exception rule on the Query Database smart service. I setup a Rule that checks the "output" data field AC!jdbc_error_flag = True. So if there is a DB error the documentation says that field is set to True, then it should flow in the direction of the exception. This is not happening. Can you not put a Exception on a Query Database Smart service and if not does anyone know how to catch a exception here and take a different flow? Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-130336

OriginalPostID-130336

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can use an exception on a Query DB node, but in your scenario it would be best to set the "Pause Node On Error" setting to false, record the error flag into a pv! and use that pv! in a decision node on the regular output path of the DB node. That way the DB node completes with or without error, you can check for an error and flow your process as necessary. We do this currently to force error'd DB nodes to all wait for process to process messaging (before flowing back into itself), so during a DB outage we can resume all processes with one click of a management process instead of hundreds manually one by one.
  • You can use an exception on a Query DB node, but in your scenario it would be best to set the "Pause Node On Error" setting to false, record the error flag into a pv! and use that pv! in a decision node on the regular output path of the DB node. That way the DB node completes with or without error, you can check for an error and flow your process as necessary. We do this currently to force error'd DB nodes to all wait for process to process messaging (before flowing back into itself), so during a DB outage we can resume all processes with one click of a management process instead of hundreds manually one by one.
Children
No Data