I've added a "exception flow" by adding a Exception rule on the Qu

I've added a "exception flow" by adding a Exception rule on the Query Database smart service. I setup a Rule that checks the "output" data field AC!jdbc_error_flag = True. So if there is a DB error the documentation says that field is set to True, then it should flow in the direction of the exception. This is not happening. Can you not put a Exception on a Query Database Smart service and if not does anyone know how to catch a exception here and take a different flow? Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-130336

OriginalPostID-130336

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Notice how the approach described above analyzes the error flag in the subsequent node, that's what you are supposed to do; the documentation doesn't refer to exception flows but to handle the error later in the process just like the user describes above.

"The Error Occurred Output indicates true if an error has occurred during execution. SAVE this value to a process variable to enable exception processing on the SUBSEQUENT activity in the process flow."
  • Notice how the approach described above analyzes the error flag in the subsequent node, that's what you are supposed to do; the documentation doesn't refer to exception flows but to handle the error later in the process just like the user describes above.

"The Error Occurred Output indicates true if an error has occurred during execution. SAVE this value to a process variable to enable exception processing on the SUBSEQUENT activity in the process flow."
Children
No Data